Ebay provides protections for buyers and sellers as part of its contracts with its users. This helps to smooth transactions, but also ends up creating some opportunities for scam artists.
Generally, buyers and sellers are honest, and a fair number are willing to take a small loss. A small number, probably less than 1%, are dishonest. There’s a gray area as well, where people take advantage of situations, but aren’t exactly dishonest.
- A Couple Ebay Buyer Scams Against New Sellers: Not Delivered, Refund Outside of Ebay
- A Few Common Ebay Scams by Buyers Against Sellers: Shipping and Delivery
- Ebay Buyer Scams Against Sellers: Returns
- Ebay Scams: Competitors Attack You
- Shady Ebay Gotchas and Schemes: Parsing Listings, Preying on Sympathies